There are many British casino operators, but some players are curious about which online casino outside UK they can play in. Exotic foreign brands often offer better welcome bonus promotions and allow different payment method. In best non UK casino sites, you can pay using cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin or Ethereum.
The question many players ask is if it’s legal to play in non UK based online casinos. When it comes to gambling in the UK, all online and land-based casinos need to have a UKGC license. This is a gambling authority with many different duties, among which is licensing casinos for entering the UK market.
Therefore, there’s a drawback to playing in non UK gambling websites as a British player. You’re better off choosing a UKGC-licensed site as a starting point, but if you’re curious, you can try some gambling sites outside United Kingdom as well.
In this overview of non UK based online casinos, you’ll have a chance to find out the following information:
- a list of more than 15 best and new online casinos outside UK;
- a report on the features and characteristics of non UK casino sites;
- an analysis of drawbacks of non UK gambling sites;
- answers to some Frequently Asked Questions.
15+ Online Casinos Outside UK 
Features of Non UK Casinos Accepting UK Players
There are many gambling sites tailored to British players. These casino operators offer GBP payments, British payment methods and fast deposits and withdrawals for Brits. However, some players want to try playing in non UK registered gambling sites. There are some benefits you can get from playing at independent online casino, but some huge drawbacks as well. Before registering in an online casino outside UK, read these facts:
- Not licensed by UK Gambling Commission. The UKGC is responsible for licensing land-based and online casinos and preparing them for their launch to the British market. The UKGC also cooperates with some responsible gaming services like Gamstop. In non UKGC casinos, you won’t be able to take advantage of some of the protection and security the UKGC license provides.
- Regulated by international gambling authorities. Casino sites outside UK are usually regulated and licensed by Curacao or the Malta Gaming Authority. These are gambling authorities that issue licenses which enable international services. Casino operators which have these licenses are focused mostly on non-UK players and offer their gaming services to other European players.
- No GBP currency. In casinos that are not from the UK, you’ll have to use the USD or EUR currencies. It’s very easy to convert your GBP to these currencies using some of the payment methods available. Nowadays, you can even find GBP as a possible casino currency in the top and new online casinos outside UK.
- Independent from UK “must-have” software. All casinos in the UK have to be registered with responsible gaming software. The majority of casino operators work together with Gamstop, which is a service that allows players to self-exclude themselves from gambling. These non Gamstop casinos enable self-excluded players to register and play casino games in non UK casino sites.
- No local payment methods. Non UK casino payments are limited and they’re different from those in UK casinos. You won’t be able to use some of the UK-specific payment methods which allow fast and secure payments for Brits. In a non UK registered casino, you can use some of the internationally-recognized payment methods like e-Wallets or cryptocurrencies.
- Lack of top game developers. In UK casinos, you can enjoy games from the top casino games developers like NetEnt, Microgaming or Playtech. In foreign casinos, you’ll find different non UK based online casino providers. You’ll still be able to play slots, table and live dealer games, but you won’t find your favourite versions.
Non UK Licensed Casinos FAQs